PRESS RELEASE: Sustainability Key in New Production Facility
Ground-Up Design Allows for Innovation
Tempe, AZ February 23, 2018: Runbeck Election Services Inc., a leader in ballot printing and election technologies has announced an improved sustainability program for its new headquarters.
“Designing a production facility with only one purpose in mind of producing ballots and election-related materials, really gave us the opportunity to consider all possibilities,” says founder and CEO Kevin Runbeck. “Many companies produce election materials as part of a larger mix of commercial business. Runbeck was built specifically for the production of ballots. We have been able to take advantage of the latest technologies; which also are more environmentally friendly and sustainable, something our clients appreciate”.
The new Phoenix headquarters is scheduled to be completed late Summer 2018 and will utilize a combination of carbon footprint reducing plans, which include:
- Zero Emissions – Utilizing NO inks or chemicals which emit VOCs (volatile organic compounds).
- Responsibly Forested Paper – Ballot paper is sourced from sustainably managed forests and is SFI certified*. Paper used in the production of non-tabulated election material is generally FSC certified** paper containing at LEAST 10% post-consumer waste. Additionally, any paper products used by Runbeck for general purposes are environmentally safe and recycled.
- Solar Powered – Over 50% of electricity will be generated by Runbeck’s own solar-powered system, up from the 30% currently generated.
- Reduced Landfill Waste – Reducing and reclaiming the waste from production as well as the office, in addition to a robust recycling program.
- LED Lighting – Complete LED lighting for highly efficient and long-lasting energy use.
For more information about Runbeck Election Services, Inc. call 602.230.0510 or visit www.runbeck.net.
** FSC certification ensures that products come from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social and economic benefits.
* SFI Is a solutions-oriented sustainability organization that collaborates on forest-based conservation and community initiatives that demonstrate and enhance our shared quality of life while providing supply chain assurances through standards, data, and authentic stories.