Jobs at Runbeck
Current Job Openings
Runbeck has an innovative and talented team of professionals who work together to accomplish major goals. Would you like to see what Runbeck Election Services is all about? Take a look at the current openings. We welcome inquiries and look forward to hearing from you!
Job Title: Software Developer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Runbeck Election Services is looking for full stack enthusiast who enjoys building products that solve big problems, delight customers and get things done on a collaborative team. (Lone Rangers need not apply). We believe that small agile teams focused on developing, implementing and shipping software move the fastest and make the most impact. As a Runbeck team member, the candidate continuously works to implement development solutions that evolve the Democratic process in the United States.
The Software Developer brings discipline and care about implementation practices with a combination of strong front end and back end skills. Through Agile/Scrum processes, common design patterns, clean coding principles and other techniques, the highest level of software craftsmanship is included in the finished product. Regular code reviews are embraced as opportunities to learn from and educate talented team members. Constructive participation is highly encouraged! The Software Team iterates quickly with an emphasis on lean development—the work has an immediate, scaled impact every day.
- Create, maintain and optimize source code for large web using technologies in “Skills and Requirements”
- Help design and build new products for an aggressive growth driven roadmap
- Develop web applications, user interfaces, reports and tools using Microsoft-based and open source technologies
- Develop, document and maintain best practices including programming standards, application quality objectives and code reviews.
- Ensure that systems are designed and developed to comply with architectural standards in accordance with evolving methodologies and practices
- Design, code, test, debug and document application programs while enhancing existing programs to ensure that applications continue to meet users’, customers’ and business’ needs
- Evaluate third party software to determine use with business and operational needs and compatibility with existing operating systems and applications
- Learn new plug-ins and IDE enhancements to boost team productivity and share tooling experiences as new methods to enhance current processes
- Develop integration plan and services for third party products including error handling, confirmation of delivery, etc.
- Resolve application issues by troubleshooting software bugs for continuous business operations
- Interface with business owners and representatives regarding project status and user needs to promote user cooperation and satisfaction
Skills and Requirements
- Develop web-based systems and associated modules using React and Redux
- Strong understanding of .NET and Node.js
- Experience with SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Experience with the Elastic Stack: Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana
- Experience with task queues, RabbitMQ and Celery
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and other cloud computing offerings
- Experience with containerization in production environments using Docker and Kubernetes
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the principles, techniques and methodology of web application development
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the full software development life cycle, dynamics of applications development projects
- Ability to gain, understand and apply information and data as it relates to Information Technology
- Ability to use good judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are essential, and maintain good communication with teams
- Maintain professional image and work environment
- Organize, plan, prioritize and complete work
- Perform software coding, testing, debugging, documentation and installation tasks in accordance with industry best practices and internal procedures and standards
- Strong Interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written required
- 2+ years developing and supporting products for external customers
- 5-7+ years experience as a software developer
- 5-7+ years designing and developing Web-based systems
Work Authorization – United States citizen
- Major Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401k Retirement and Matching Plan
- Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Medical Bridge Program
- Paid Volunteer Hours
Headquartered in Phoenix, AZ, Runbeck Election Services successfully innovates the process of producing elections for jurisdictions around the country. Founded by Chuck Runbeck, we have grown from producing local counties’ elections to delivering customized election solutions to more than 70 million voters. Embodying the spirit of “what is possible”, Runbeck has developed cutting-edge equipment, software and production methods which provide peace of mind to counties and states across the country. Our processes use the latest technologies and draw from nearly five decades of expertise. Operations are conducted from our new state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly secure facility designed specifically for the production of election materials. Where others may see a challenge, we see an opportunity—to solve, to create and to innovate. We invite you to “see the possibilities” and be a part of the Runbeck Team!