Jobs at Runbeck
Current Job Openings
Runbeck has an innovative and talented team of professionals who work together to accomplish major goals. Would you like to see what Runbeck Election Services is all about? Take a look at the current openings. We welcome inquiries and look forward to hearing from you!
Job Title: Software Test Lead
FLSA Status: Exempt
Runbeck Election Services is looking for a Software Test Lead who is a strong owner and quality advocate in an Agile team environment. The ideal candidate has quality experience in designing and developing test plans as well as coordinating testing and releases within Agile projects. This candidate can effectively own the quality of multiple products as an exploratory tester and drive teams to balance manual/automated testing along with tracking/reporting issues of product releases. All levels of test methodologies are opportunities to improve product quality. The candidate has a passion to develop and maintain metrics for continuous improvements for deployments.
- Own all aspects of quality assurance testing activities for multiple products/projects
- Plan, facilitate, write, maintain and execute test plans; identify additional inputs/gaps/risks
- Identify issues/defects, drive analysis and assure their resolution
- Define and prioritize end-to-end UI automation around use cases
- Ensure comprehensive coverage across all levels of testing (unit, integration, API, acceptance, exploratory, etc.)
- Define and track release processes; work with the software team to ensure frequent and timely releases
- Mentor quality engineers of varying experience levels
- Participate in sprint ceremonies (daily standups, sprint planning, bug triage, etc.)
- Work with the Software QA Manager to ensure projects are delivered on time with superior quality
- Drive standards, methodologies (i.e. TDD, DevOps) and best practices into quality and CI/CD processes
- Interact with cross-functional teams (Field Support, Project Team members, Sales, etc) to identify, prioritize and resolve QA/test-related issues
- Partner with stakeholders, Product Owners and analysts to clarify acceptance criteria, finalize production/application requirements and ensure quality requirements are incorporated
- Be a customer advocate; host bug bashes/UAT
- Review plans, designs and specifications and generate quality-related documentation
- Inspect delivered components and participate in verification/validation testing
Skills and Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience writing manual/automated test steps and proactively driving quality into products
- Documented Test Plans (more than lists of test cases)
- Work in a fast-paced environment with excellent written and verbal communication
- Skilled at problem-solving, decision-making and troubleshooting
- Experience tracking bugs/defects in tools like Azure Devops/VSTS/TFS or JIRA
- Managing test environments (services, VMs, OS, network and command line comfortability)
- Familiarity investigating website issues within the browser; HTML/DOM inspection and network capture
- Ability to read and comprehend service error and exception logs
- Experience working with SQL Server writing SQL queries
- Demonstrated experience of the full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience working within a CI/CD and Continuous Test environment
- Understanding of Test-Driven Development (TDD), Test Pyramid, “Shift Left”, and “Shift Right” concepts
- Experience working as part of a remote software development team using Agile practices
- Willingness to experiment with new technologies but also respect and use technologies currently in place
- Perform testing, debugging, documentation and installation within best practices and internal procedures
- Ownership: Organize, plan, prioritize and complete follow-through
- Any Elections or Voter Registration experience
- Prior knowledge/execution of manual or automated performance tests and tools
- Experience or knowledge of DevOps practices and culture; Azure DevOps Pipelines/TFS Build Definitions
- Familiarity working with and manually calling APIs through tools (Postman or Swagger UI)
- Knowledge of any automated test frameworks
- Previous experience with micro-services
- Knowledge of code coverage and its applications
- 8+ years as a software quality engineer or similar role
- 3+ years supporting and manual testing web applications in a development team environment preferred
- 2+ years delivering a software product over major and minor releases
- Prior scope of impact across multiple teams/products
- 4-year degree preferably in a technology field
Work Authorization – Must be a citizen of the United States
Job Title: Elections Business Analyst
Fair Labor Standard Act Status: Exempt
Elections Business Analyst:
The Elections Business Analyst will be a key stakeholder on the Runbeck Election Management Systems (EMS) Team that develops software solutions for election officials in the United States. They will report to the EMS Senior Product Owner and will work closely with other EMS Team members.
- Use business process maps and other tools to document and analyze election business processes
- Utilize workflow charts and diagrams to envision election software solutions
- Write departmental and system documentation, policies, procedures, forms and templates
- Track and analyze statutes, regulations, and legislation to determine impacts on election processes
- Conduct financial, product, market and operational research activities
- Develop spreadsheets, business analyses and reports about elections business and software solutions
- Prepare training materials, conducting training and assist in implementing software solutions
- Collaborate with customers and EMS Team members to create user stories and acceptance criteria
- Work with the quality assurance team to ensure that solutions meet acceptance criteria
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of state and county election office business processes
- Familiarity with writing software requirements and user stories
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient skills in using Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders and team members
- Willingness to work independently with a geographically dispersed team and communicate using virtual communication tools (phone, conferencing, online meetings)
- Preferably Phoenix, AZ, Home Office. Open to discuss with the right candidate.
Work Authorization :
- Must be a citizen of the United States
Job Title: Client Services Manager
Reports To: Manager, Project Management Team
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt
Runbeck Election Services
We are looking to add a Client Services Manager to our growing team. The successful candidate will work directly with clients to plan, schedule, and manage all phases of the job. This position will liaise with all internal departments to ensure our clients election needs and schedules are met.
This is a fast-paced environment and requires the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and requires some overtime hours, especially during elections. Individuals in this position will take work seriously, have a strong sense of urgency, and be self-disciplined.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the liaison between the customer and production and manage all phases of the job specifications/requirements to include, scheduling, quoting, postage, change orders, delivery requirements, invoicing, and billing.
- Develop on-going relationships with clients while managing their expectations.
- Conduct project meetings with clients to review updates and the status of the job. Occasionally travel to their site for support.
- Work with Sales on bids and solicitations for potential clients by providing quotes and estimates and to onboard new customers.
- Create and distribute job tickets outlining the job requirements for each department.
- Update and maintain job tickets with change orders and makes sure they are distributed to all.
- Work with vendors to order product and track deliverables to ensure timely delivery.
- Obtain quotes/estimates from vendors and determine best pricing. Creates vendor requisitions to submit to Accounting.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills Required:
- Proficient skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office365.
- Team player with the ability to take direction and work independently.
- Knowledge of print, project management, outside vendors and mailing processes is a plus. Election knowledge is a bonus.
- Strong communication, written, organizational, and follow-up skills is essential. Responds promptly to customer requests and needs.
- Ability to navigate a stressful situation with a level head and sense of ease under tight deadlines
- The position requires above average attention to details, and strong collaboration skills to influence, develop, and maintain relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Must be dependable and willing to commit to long and occasionally weekend hours as required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and adaptability to effectively manage frequent changes in schedule, delays, or unexpected events.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Safety procedures must be followed at all times.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk, hear and handle work materials with hands and fingers.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
• Must be citizen of the United States/Phoenix, Arizona Education/Experience:
• 1-3 years Client Services Management experience. Please send resumes to [email protected]
Job Title: Field Technician (Account Manager) Fair Labor Standard Act Status: Exempt
Summary: The responsibility of this position is to manage specialized work both efficiently and competently.
- Lead, operate, install and test Runbeck proprietary hardware and software which supports functionality for multiple counties.
- Evaluate, establish and manage cross-functional partnerships with Designated Election Official staff.
- Maintain and enhance applications on an ongoing basis per user/customer feedback.
- Provide support to sales, Runbeck support and customers.
- Provide prompt resolutions to product issues in production.
- Collaborate with members of the Sales Force to recognize potential sales opportunities, as well as ensure the maintenance and further development of current business relationships.
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with the Runbeck project team.
- Create and maintain detailed project plans, status reports and other documentation.
- Directly supervise temporary employees during peak times including: assigning and directing work, appraising performance of temporary employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Help to plan, coordinate and execute election cycle billing and inventory count to ensure a high level of on time billing, inventory control and accuracy.
- Complete inventory and equipment transactions in the Avanti shop floor system.
- Communicates to Director and staff regarding election cycles, customer problems and Designated
- Election Official needs.
- Efficiently manage team territory and ensure the continued growth of the business.
- Complete additional tasks deemed necessary by the Director.
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts while working.
- Noise level in the work environment: moderate.
- Safety procedures must be followed at all times.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their position.
- Proficient in Windows 7 and 10, Microsoft Office, MS SQL, Avanti and WinSoft.
- Basic networking and printer experience.
- Experience creating project plans, managing resources, managing multiple project timelines/milestones and project status reporting.
- Customer service and user interface with training on Runbeck software and equipment product lines.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reports and documents.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Strong ability to appropriately prioritize work and manage one’s time.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to details.
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work long hours during election cycles
- Ability to lift 125lbs on occasion and 50lbs on a regular basis
- One year of IT experience with A+
- Strong knowledge of Election Laws and Security procedures and experience with Elections
- Must be citizen of the United States.
- Must pass drug test.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a felony-free record.
- Major Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401k Retirement and Matching Plan
- Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Medical Bridge Program
- Paid Volunteer Hours
Headquartered in Phoenix, AZ, Runbeck Election Services successfully innovates the process of producing elections for jurisdictions around the country. Founded by Chuck Runbeck, we have grown from producing local counties’ elections to delivering customized election solutions to more than 24 million voters. Embodying the spirit of “what is possible”, Runbeck has developed cutting-edge equipment, software and production methods which provide peace of mind to counties and states across the country. Our processes use the latest technologies and draw from nearly five decades of expertise. Operations are conducted from our new state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly secure facility designed specifically for the production of election materials. Where others may see a challenge, we see an opportunity—to solve, to create and to innovate. We invite you to “see the possibilities” and be a part of the Runbeck Team!